Friday, January 16, 2009

catch up / random ramblings

January has been a busy busy month for me so far. But let me go back to Christmas. Christmas went okay. Hubby was still sick and ended up staying home all day Christmas day. Justin had a blast with all his toys. He got lots of hot wheels cars, a tool bench with tools, a race track, and a music set (harmonica, egg shakers, kazoo, etc). And of course some other little things that I can't even remember now! I got a new digital camera and Travis got a new jacket and new shoes along with a couple of CD's.

So Christmas came and went, hubby was still sick and has been out of work for 3 weeks. He just started back working this week and it's not even been all week. So our purse strings are going to be very very tight for a while so we can catch up on everything.

The pregnancy is going well. I've started to feel the babe flutter and kick some finally. We had our ultrasound this week and found out we're having a little girl. I must say I was semi-shocked. I had a feeling that we'd be an all-boy family. I am very happy that we're having a little girl (not that I wouldn't have loved a boy any less, it's just more exciting that it's a girl because it was unexpected). So now begins the fun!! We'll have to stock up on clothes since I can't use Justin's old clothes. As far as equipment, the only thing I really need/want is a swing. My MIL got us a crappy old swing for Justin that is blue. But I want to buy a new girly swing for this babe. The only other major thing I want to get is a new bedding set for the crib. I definitely want it to be girly, but I'm trying to stay away from 'pink' overload!! I found a cute one that is purple (not lavender - purple) that I like and another one that does have pink in it but a lot of other colors as well.

Then there's the name. With the boy, we didn't go through the name selection process. When hubby and I started dating, he told me that he had this name picked out that he loved for a boy. He told me what it was and I loved it too. So, when we found out we were having a boy with my first pregnancy, we already knew what the name was. This time is much different. I've thought about names all week long and my hubby just keeps shooting down almost all of my suggestions! I have come up with some very pretty choices and he doesn't seem to like any of them. Now he hasn't had any contributions really. But I know he's still not fully recovered from being sick and is trying to focus on getting back to work. So, I'm kind of done with names for now. When hubby is feeling better and we can get a baby book and go through names together, we'll get it figured out. I know I have plenty of time anyway, so it's no rush. I just feel like I should be 'doing' something now that I know it's a girl!

Work has been extremely busy. We've got the books closed finally for December and the year 2008. We've finished our year-end files for corporate. Now I have to work on property taxes while a co-worker works on 1099's. Then we get to start on our tax files. yay!! :/ Meanwhile, our boss is pretty much unavailable this month due to our company's sales process. So I'm making sure I pull my fair share around and we'll get through this eventually!

Other than that, things are pretty much normal. Just working and trying to take care of the family.

2 comments:

Sapphire Mommy said...

yea for girls!! check out beyond bedding on ebay. i got eli's set on there for way cheaper than in the store and they have some cute stuff. as for names, he sounds just like xavier! he would shoot down anything I suggested but contribute nothing. in the end i sitll decided and he just went with it. LOL

Jennifer said...

lol, yeah. We read in the baby name book where this couple both liked these 2 names, but for different genders. The lady said, "but after an exhausting labor where the epidural never took, I looked at my husband and said 'Now can I name this baby?'". Travis said that would probably be just like us!