Wednesday, December 3, 2008

baby...

Last week I went in for my usual monthly prenatal appt. This was the week we were going to hear the heartbeat. Well, the midwife tried and tried but to no avail. She just couldn't find that sucker. It was still ok tho; it was a few days before the 12 week mark - which is when they typically hear the heartbeat. It was a few days early with Justin as well, but we were able to hear it at 11.5 weeks with him. So, they had me come back in this week and if they still didn't hear it, then they'd do an ultrasound. Well sure enough, after trying for about 10 mins the midwife couldn't hear it again. So, off we go to ultrasound. They kept asking me, "are you sure you're as far along as you think you are?" I'm pretty sure. I found out at exactly 4 weeks and hadn't had anything since then to make me think differently.

So, off to the ultrasound room. Soon as the tech puts that wand on my belly there is our little jumping bean. The tech said "Well, no wonder they had a hard time finding the heartbeat. This one's in here doing summer-saults. (sp?) The baby was just a jumping and moving around. But there is in fact a baby in there, and it measured at just the gestational age that I said I was. The heartbeat was 167. Going by the old wives' tale, that would mean it's a girl. Hubby thinks it's a girl b/c it was being so stubborn! Who knows?!? next appt is in January and we'll do the regular ultrasound and hopefully find out the sex.

Oh, and on my little check out sheet, there's a little box at the top that says "Diagnosis:" After the ultrasound, the dr put in mine "Pregnant"! lol!!

No comments: