Wednesday, October 1, 2008

growing up so fast

My boy just turned 2 and he's growing up so fast. This boy talks better than most of the kids in his class at daycare and you can clearly understand him. Although, last night it took me two aisles in the grocery store to realize that "nuffin" was really "muffin" and not "nothing". lol!! Anyway, the boy knows all his colors already, can sing the ABC song (I know, he has no idea what the ABC's are), knows some numbers (1,2,3,4,6,13,11!), and is really good with names.

Now, I'm not "bragging" that my kid is "smart". I'm telling you how amazed I am at how much information this kid absorbs. He just takes in everything!! It's amazing! And he repeats everything too - which is good and bad. Bad meaning - he repeats mommy when she tells daddy to shut up!! I've told him when I do that that mommy is not nice and we shouldn't say things like that. But I'm usually saying shut up in that playful - stop picking on me and leave me alone way, not when arguing or anything.

And now, some random mommy ramblings:

This is our nighttime routine:
Me: nite-nite
Him: nite-nite
Me: I love you
Him: I wuv you
Me: Sweet Dreams
Him: Seet Dweems
He just has the most adorable voice and it sounds so incredibly sweet.

When we pull up to a drive-thru he says "Talk it Mommy"!

And the child loves tomatoes. He could eat nothing but tomatoes and be happy. I, however, hate raw tomatoes. I don't mind tomato juice, tomato soup, ketchup, spaghetti sauce, etc. But I do not like raw tomatoes.

The kid does tons of cute stuff everyday, but now that I'm trying to type it out, I can't think of it. Will add more later!

No comments: